Friday, January 14, 2011

FaceBook Respond Post

Response Post To Ruby Rew’s Blog: Facebook Is Annoying
I agree to the fact that facebook is annoying. I don’t go on facebook much but from what I see and hear, FB or facebook is highly addictive. I mean FB is a great way to stay in touch with those people who live further away or who don’t have the time to hang out, or whatever the case may be. I think that FB is like a drug to some people like my cousin for example. Her life at the time being is to check facebook constantly. Just by seeing her on facebook 24/7 is annoying. I refuse to let the FB trend consume me into dedicating my life to checking it every other hour or half an hour. 
Another reason why I think that FB is annoying/irritating is because there is nothing to do on there. I don’t understand most of the apps. Like the poking and food fighting and pets. Whenever I get on facebook which is literally once every two months, I feel that all I’m doing is wasting time.  FB is also annoying because (i know this may sound weird) but because the backgrounds are so plain and simple. The one thing that I liked about Myspace is because they allowed people to personalize his or her profile. 
And like Ruby said, it becomes one main source of communication. Instead of calling someone, most people i know would go on FB just to say something that would take only seconds when speaking it. I find it somewhat funny how people go through all that trouble instead of just calling, with the exception of people in other states etc. For example, my cousin, who lives only down the street from me, always messages me on FB and tells me things that she could have said faster by calling me. 
So when people ask me why i don’t get on FB, I get annoyed because i feel that facebook isnt the main source of communication and It isn’t my life’s main goal, to constantly log into Facebook. That is why it is annoying to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment